HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY

I didn't expect that few of my students will surprise me today 23 September 2008 (late blog entry). From the time I open my eyes, out of my awareness, Brunei is commemorating "Selamat Hari Guru" in English "Teacher's Day".

Routine tasking was on my mind's thought the moment I sat on my office chair... I was checking my post-it note on task to do... yet out of my expectations: two students brought a bouquet of roses approaching me and Rocel (my co-teacher) and they hand us those beautiful flowers and greeted us "Happy Teachers Day!!!" I was indeed overwhelmed... It's a good feeling knowing that the people whom you render your service do appreciate your efforts. Although I am paid for that but the thought of knowing you are valued really matters. People say, if you work or do something, you should not expect anything in return, yet a simple gesture of thank you and I appreciate your work or a job well done really matters.

Moral of the story? hehe.. well, we should not weigh the magnitude of what other people have done for us. Either it's petty or big favor it would be best if we can return the favor with a simple appreciation. Saying thank you satisfy a helping hand... saying I appreciate your effort, lighten an exhausted soul from the efforts poured out while helping you. It's good to feel you not are worthless..

the photos herewith are all the symbols of appreciations from my students and it makes me feel so happy... Thank you dear students... I am glad to be at your service for as long as I can...




Chocolates and my teacher's pet love note hahaha... home baked cookies with almond inside...






Tenfu Mini Pie

and my 12 roses bouquet....





0 Responses