Leaders not Evils

Inquirer.net is like my morning sandwiches with a cup of coffee in the office. While sipping my coffee with my left hand, my right hand is clicking on the headlines from the inquirer.net email alert.
For these past few weeks, Politics is always the main dish; a billion peso budget for election automation and the Presidential post issues.
There is this headline about the heroic decision of Mar Roxas who is suppose to be the standard Presidential candidate for the Liberal Party but gives way to Noynoy Aquino for the presidential post despite the fact that he had spent plenty of penny of the earlier campaigns made.
In the press conference, Mar Roxas said that as president of Liberal Party, “It is within my power to preside over a divisive process or to make the party a bridge for the forces of change.”
“I choose to lead unity, not divisive”. If his intention is really true then I salute him. He gave up his dream to be a President of the Philippines following the footstep of his father Manuel Roxas just to avoid division because he wants unity. He wants to support Noynoy to be put into place as the next Philippine President.
Commendable isn’t it? However, sometimes I feel faked with all the sweet talks of these political icons. Should they serve our country? Or write poetry? What do you think? Hehehe I’m not against Mar Roxas because he’s my uncle “bwahahaha” joke.
Generally, most of them should have written poems rather than sweet talking us and ironically killing us softly.
You might be smiling while reading, asking yourself is it really me writing? Since when, I got a political inclination? Well, I attended a seminar in Davao with an activist movement against the government. The speakers are really persuasive so I thought of being activist but eventually, I found out that they are not just activists but rebels in Mindanao hahaha… of course I don’t want to be a rebel though…
As for political icons, I only have one idol and that is Ramon Magsaysay. I didn’t know him. I just hear stories from my Grandmother (lola) and from my investigation out of curiosity why my lola acclaimed him as the best President in the world. Ramos, Erap and GMA are the players of my time and all of them broke my heart.
These three monsters had their shares of corruption scandals whereas Ramon Magsaysay even sold his own house so his wife could get medical treatment and when he died in the Plane Crash, his wife ended up homeless.
Philippines is rich with natural resources and talented workforce, nevertheless, our country’s progress is as lame as a tortoise. We have the resources, we have the talents but we scarce with good leaders.
I wrote this to express my disappointments as well as to tell the Filipinos to pray for our nation. Many of us don’t want to settle down in our own land as we don’t see beauty and life in there. We feel so hopeless and helpless but if we have chance to fight for our right then we should. We ourselves are the best armor to take back what is supposed to be ours. Therefore, we should utilize our power to seek for peace and progress.
In the 2010 election, let’s take part and be vigilant. Let’s seek God’s providence in choosing the right leaders to lead us to live a life we deserve.

2 Responses
  1. Chai Says:

    na! hopeless na gyud ang pinas. i dont care sa ilang mga decision. pare-pareha lang nah sila tanan. "hunger for power" lang nang ila.iyahay nalang gyud ta og paningkamot ani.

    basta election, mayor lang sa davao akong masulat. wah nay lain :((


  2. Anonymous Says:

    informative..