A DINNER TO REMEMBER


























It feels good to know that someone loves your company. Yesterday, my friends and I went off for Sungkai (breaking of fast) at Royal Brunei Catering (RBC) in the Airport. Jane who invited us never thought of a surprise oh yeah of course because it is a surprise right? Hehehe…


By the way, I know you will read this jane so let me tell you the story, when Sahrirah told us that you want to invite us to have sungkai in RBC, at first we were reluctant to come because we were reticent knowing that RBC is a fine dining RESTO and you are bringing us the FOUR rascals (haha peace to the other three) however, when Sahrirah told us that Jane’s birthday is on the next day so we decided to plan for a surprise.


Yesterday at lunch break, we really fast as we didn’t eat lunch but ran into a gift shop to buy present for Jane. While choosing, we always have disagreements as one may like some item while others criticize it. It took us almost 1.5 hours to end up with unanimous decision and finally bought the gift.
In the afternoon while we are on the way to RBC, we all act like crazy cow in the car, laughing out loud. There are quiet moments though adjusting to Jane’s company hehehe. What I like about jane is that she is very reserved yet she is one of us. Every time we laugh out loud she always had her share of half laughing and half smiling but I know in that reserved gesture lays a genuine happiness.
GREAT FOOD indeed. Grilled Lamb, Beef Steak, Salads, Desserts, and prawn, prawn and prawns are my plate content oh not to forget my newly listed food wish list favorites “ambuyat” and “ROJAK”. Although I can feel the warmth of the lamb meat and cholesterol from prawn accelerating to my head I still don’t care, all I care is that I love each moment.






While having our tea, we hear a loud birthday serenade from afar with group of RBC staff bringing birthday cake with candle. Jane never thought it’s for her as she still have guts to joke “is it for me?” hahaha and we all keep quiet because we know it’s for her and when the singing voices gets louder and louder as they are approaching towards our table, I saw Jane’s blushing cheeks that reflected a mixed feeling of surprised, honoured yet torn out of wariness but has managed it…


We took lots of photos, wacky and sexy, timid look and rogue style too. Indeed it was a happy moment. It’s definitely a fine dining with right company. Even on our way back home, we still wore those genuine smiles and laughter, a good one to remember.


Lesson learned? Absolutely have. With this experience, I learned to be me no matter who I mingled with. In fact, five of us represent different personality, culture and religion but we were able to have harmony and fun. Indeed, a sweet moment worthy of reminiscing.
To Romella and Sahrirah sorry for all the bullies, well its part of the fun, just warn us if we may be stepping beyond the borderline.
To Jane, I’m amazed to hear your love story great one yeah!! I just wish you more success, good health and happiness… Thanks for being a good friend and a good student. Well, I know you are a good teacher too because you are a great student. Confused? Well, Jane is a teacher at the same time studying at MIC.
Loves yah all… ciao…










4 Responses
  1. Jane Says:

    hi orellie,
    im usually not good with words.. that's the reason why i took pictures instead ;) but when i start writing sometimes it is difficult to stop.. haha like my 'over-limit' EN assignment if u still remember..Yesterday was a day that i would never imagine (in my whole life) cud ever happen to me! hahaha exaggerating much! how can i not even a single second ever suspect anything from you 'amazing people'.. heheee u guys are really pro ehh.. Truly speaking, im grateful to have d chance to cross-path with u people, u, rocel and romella.. three different unique people who will have a special place in my heart.. aisehhhh but true.. i envy u people.. so young, care-free n of course fun to be with.. i know you guys are younger than me ;P but still u guys are my lecturers.. that explains my 'reserve-mode' especially when im in class...hahaa the treat yesterday was a token of appreciation for d knowledge u've imparted to me... d credits n distinctions ive got so far in the internal as well as the external exam are because of u guys.. i would nvr hv done it alone without d help n guidance from d lecturers.. I am a teacher and i know how it feels to struggle to make people understand what u r trying to convey! heheeee d frustration.. d joy of teaching.. ive gone thru that.. and i believe u, rocel n romella have gone thru that also.. =)
    woahhhhh.. this is a very long comment.. told ya.. once i write it's difficult to stop! hahaha!! last but not least.. stay d way u are.. beautiful (aiseyyyy.. blanja niii..haha) n genuine... continue writing in ur blog, i'll be reading.. hehe good luck in ur luv life.. because happiness is only real when shared.. hhehee luv always, Jane..ur "look"-modest-but-can-be-crazy-at-times student (look can be deceiving) hahahahaaaaaaaaaa!


  2. -mOlit- Says:

    hi fc.. kalami sa food..hehe... super nice ang bonding..keep it up.. teacher na teacher na gyud ka ter :) Take care and God Bless :)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    im really touched reading all diz... wat jane said abt u guys is totally true coz me s one of ur student feel d same way like how she felt... three of u have thought me alot!! n now im no longer ur student let this friendship of ours last long... all of u have been my inspiration during my studies... :)

    alai


  4. Chai Says:

    ka nindot sa update oi. gutomon man sad ta.hehe