I Chose to be Productive


I never had interest in Facebook the moment I open an account, there was just a need to utilize the media in order for me to have bonding time with the students as well as to utilize it for academic advertisement for students.
In fact, every time I advertise an announcement or perhaps a reminder in FB (Facebook), and at the same time in Micronet info website which I am authoring as well, constantly, FB audience is more that what I get compared to the actual website with domain solely created for student communication purposes. Can you see the difference now? FB or other social networking media such as Friendster, YouTube, Multiply are more powerful. Indeed, many businesses are utilizing these networks for marketing purposes and it is proven efficient and cheap.


My company is paying a domain to reach out students online yet students can be reached thru FB for free.
What makes this tool so powerful that users won’t be having a complete day without logging in a day? Well, I can answer it myself. First your friends are there, you can busy body the whereabouts of other people and their lives. Humans were born to be social hence I don’t need to question that.



In FB, I can see introverts’ self revelation; they tell u what’s on their mind, or what they currently feel thru their “STATUS”. Introverts may have limitations with their self revelation while extroverts are at FULL BLAST some are swearing, cursing, smiling (happy), crying (sad), gesture of loneliness, broken hearted and so on.
Second, are you bored? Well, hundreds of applications are available in FB, they have games, lifestyle, sports and so on trying to capture which area you might fall on and I got captivated on gaming hehehe. I get addicted, hypnotized and all. The Famous Mafia War, Farm Town, Poker, Pet Society, Restaurant City and the likes.
I started playing these APPS early this year (2009) and now its September a quarter to go to the year end and if I’m going to assess myself, I am really less productive this year.
I’m less productive with so many aspects. First, with my Job, I used to be commended always for my dedication “I LOVE MY JOB”. However this is not an issue of being appreciated but the quality of my work output. I am really worst this time, I fail to motivate my students, I fail to support them, I fail to let them know that I’m just here willing to offer a helping hand.
Second is myself development, I could have learn many things, read more books, write more articles and spend more time with my family.
Lastly, I fail God; I spend few hours playing, few hours working at night where my sleeping duration will only be 4 to 5 hours. The next day, then I’ll have back pain, headache, stress, and hypertensive. When is my prayer time? Every Saturday night, I always find myself closing my eyes to sleep at times where others are opening theirs to prepare for Sunday Church services. When it’s my moment to meet my GOD I am not with myself. Oftentimes I am sleepy and tired.
Of course I don’t blame FB for this, sometimes playing can help us to release stress and forget our problems but addiction is a different story.
According to Bill Gates “ALL THESE TOOLS OF TECH WASTE OUR TIME IF WE’RE NOT CAREFUL” that’s why he dumped FB. Well, I am not Bill Gates and neither a fan though, hence I won’t dump FB but I will dump all APSS I’m using as I chose to be productive.
For those who are using Pet Society, Poker, Restaurant City, Farm Town just IM me guys and I will donate all my properties before closing them hehehe…
This blog entry is not to tell you to have a SUDDEN BRAKE, rather to remind you to slow down and turn your gear low perhaps 1st gear? Or 2nd Gear? Allow yourself to drive FB moderately rather than FB drives you crazily.
In fact, FB is a powerful tool to touch people’s life, to reach out and embrace the lonely. Just drive moderately.


2 Responses
  1. Chai Says:

    haha! sa wakas, naka update ra gyud.

    bitaw noh? pareha ta og topic.hehehe. ay, ok lang man sa akoa ang fb kay gina prioritize man gihapon nako akong task. pero malingaw jud ko pag naay fb, promise. ganahan man gud ko magbasa basa og mag comment ba. bad kaayo.

    basta, gusto jud nako mabalik to.hehehe.lingaw man gud kay mga officemates lang ang mga active kaayo didto,huhuhu.

    pero cge nalang. bad jud ai...


  2. Leng Says:

    ok ra chai, the way u use it is moderate naman eh... anything over is bad right? thanks for the visit.. i hope dili nako mawala usab haha...