I'm proud to be my parent's daugther

I received a text message from my sis in law today saying that they are currently attending the the judging of an awarding of retired Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) to be awarded by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).

Few months ago, my parents were given an award from OWWA as a successful OFW worker from the entire Samal Island and today I'm so happy knowing that my parents were chosen again as the most successful OFW for the entire Mindanao region and they will be the entry from Mindanao for the National awarding. Of course I wish them to be the the winner but if they will not win, for me they are already my champion. I am not what I am now if they didn't sacrifice.

I am also glad that the letter I sent to OWWA were given a chance to be read in the public that caused my mama to shed tears. I know its tears of joy and I'm glad that she's happy knowing that we appreciate them and salute them as our parents. Stated below is the letter for my papa and mama.

Dear Papa and Mama,
Thank you for the sacrifices you have endured in order to race us and provide for us. I never understand the sacrifices you have bartered of working overseas from being there for us during the time we are growing until I experienced it myself.
I thought life here in abroad was easy, that you are having good times while we are growing up without parents. However, from the time I started to work here, I have proven myself wrong and was able to contemplate that I am the one indeed having good times enjoying the benefits of your hard works just to give us brighter future. I started to work here in Brunei and I saw it myself how my Papa endure his job for 18 years. He woke up everyday @ 4:00 am to drive and he is driving until evening. Every time he fetched me from my work place, I can smell his sweat and it crumpled my heart thinking that all these hardships he endured for 18 years because he have dreams for us. I may not witnessed how my Mama endured her job for 18 yrs or so but I knew how difficult life was because working on a foreign land is indeed difficult. Different race, different culture, different language a lot of differences yet they survive and I sure will survive.
To Mama and Papa, I am very proud to have you as my parents! I owe every inch of success I have today because you dreamed for me and for my siblings. I'm proud to say that you fulfilled your dreams because we are not a failure. If you did not sacrifice I will be nobody.



5 Responses
  1. Chai Says:

    hi leng!! OFW pud diay imo mama? karon lang ko kabalo.hehe abi nako kamo lang sah imo igsoon ang nag abroad. congrats sa imoha and especially sa imo parents!!

    Til next time... take care


  2. Leng Says:

    yah they are OFW too just like ur mama hehe... thanks.. Hopefully they will win for the national competition hehe... malay natin hihihi...


  3. -mOlit- Says:

    wow.. nice ang letter.. touching ayo...anyway good luck to ur parents...i guess they already won, cause they got u. a proud daughter..amping...hope to really c yah soon FC..:)


  4. Leng Says:

    thanks molit and chai.. mga anghel na walang langit hehehe... Yah I also hope we really meet huh? i have 7 days lang hahaha tpos christmas pa. Im not sure if our sked will not clash specially that ur working at night... oh no.. anyway lets just cross the bridge when we get there... I will surely contact you guys once I'm in DAVAO.. MISS YAH ALL soo much!!!


  5. -mOlit- Says:

    as in... hopefully were gonna meet zud...:)